Amman: Nasaf became the first Uzbekistan side to reach the final of the AFC Cup after Ivan Boskovics second-half goal secured a 1-1 draw with Al Wehdat at the King Abdullah International Stadium that saw them progress 2-1 on aggregate.
Down a goal from the first leg, Al Wehdat had levelled the semi-final tie with an early strike from Abdullah Deeb but Boskovic equalised midway through the second period to ensure it would be Nasaf who will now battle Kuwait Sports Club for the trophy.
Nasaf began well, dominating the early stages with Boskovic almost building on their advantage in the opening minutes.
Bashar Yaseen committed a foul outside the box for which he was fortunate to only receive a yellow card and Boskovic stepped up but his free-kick flew just over the bar.
After a sluggish start, Al Wehdat began to gain a foothold in the game and took the lead on the night when Hasan Mahmoud went down ijust outside the area, the referee signalled a free-kick and Deeb lashed the ball into the net.
The goal levelled the tie on aggregate and both sides then looked wary of being hit by a sucker punch. The game became a tight affair with the two teams seeking to play on the counter attack while being careful not to give anything away at the back and Al Wehdat went in at the break in the ascendancy.
This cautious approach continued at the beginning of the second-half with the Jordanians shading the play but failing to turn possession into clear-cut chances.
They were then made to pay in the 63rd minute when Boskovic grabbed the crucial goal that levelled the second-leg encounter and meant Al Wehdat had to score twice more in order to reach the final.
Influential midfielder Fozil Musaev made space and hit a long ball forward that eluded the home defence and Boskovic broke free of his marker to head past the keeper.
Following the setback, the Jordanian team were forced to chase the tie and the Uzbeks looked to exploit gaps in their defence.
Al Wehdat boss Mohammed Kwid brought on Monther Amara and Ahmad Elias to give his side more attacking impetus but Nasaf were able to take control of the game and Kenja Turaevs fine strike was well saved by Amer Saabah.
The home side continued to press until the end but were unable to find the goals they needed as Nasaf held firm to book a place in the final.